Sunday, May 31, 2015

I JUST CAUGHT A HEADLINE THAT COMPELLED ME TO WRITE A BABY RANT ... (baby as in "little" not baby as in "baby") ...

about this little girl .... "Teen Mom" star Maci Bookout just gave birth to her second baby and  she's already calling it a "miracle."  Maci ... do you know the definition of insanity?  It's doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.  Good God why don't these broads get on birth control! She's on a show called "Teen Mom" and she keeps getting knocked up. UNBELIEVABLE ... two kids, two baby daddy's.  Lovely.
 
 
 
Dr. Drew Pinsky thought up this program believing it would benefit teenage girls by showing the realities of how difficult it is to be a single, teenage mother.  And also, how nine times out of ten, the teenage boy of your dreams is NOT going to be the person you spend the rest of your life with because he knocked you up.
 
HERE'S THE THING.  Today a 14 year old can get birth control without her parents consent.  Personally, I think sex at 14 is WAY too young but then I'm an old broad who at 14 did not know how a flaccid weenie got into a girl's "thing."  However, when I realized that it was only a matter of time before I did "the deed," I went to the doctor, got the pill and GOT MYSELF READY.  And this was 40 years ago!  It is UNBELIEVABLE to me that today, when you can have sex as young as 14, and get birth control without your parents knowledge, these stupid girls keep getting knocked up.    
 
To me, there was no thought more horrifying than having to tell your parents you were pregnant.  NO GREATER SHAME.  But I think therein lies the problem.  There is NO shame.  About anything.  And you all know what I mean.  I am not saying that having a baby is a horrible thing.  I am saying that having a baby at 17 and then having another one at 19, is beyond STUPID. 
 
So Maci, GOOD LUCK girl.  And please, PLEASE .... GET ON THE FUCKING PILL!
 
 
*sigh* .... I feel better already. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Debbie, 100%. Working with teens these days, I pray for them. I know them only as those bright young faces staring back at me in French class, but I have to remember they are struggling with that peer pressure AND being teens.....equating to not thinking of the CONSEQUENCES! Yes, I think there is no more shame. I am from the same place as you are (oh remember those El Rancho days?) and to even THINK about having to tell your parents you're pregnant was a horrific thought. Thank GOD my father let off the attitude that if that ever happened, I'd be disowned!

    The world has changed and I'm not sure I agree it's for the better. I believe in treating others with the same kindness I would want, but there are too many liberties that result in tragedy these days. Our precious youth suffers for it.

    AND THANK YOU for visiting! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when we were kids, if a girl got pregnant, it was shameful. Now they give them reality shows. It's ridiculous.
    Today's teen moms are tomorrow's Real Housewives.

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...